A warm cup of matcha latte is the best way to start your day, especially during the cold winter.
Follow these steps and enjoy our favorite energy-boosting drink.
1 tsp or 2 bamboo scoops of organic Saikou Matcha
¼ cup of hot water (not boiling, as this adds bitterness to the matcha)
¾ cup of milk (or coconut milk)
Sweetener such as honey
Flavour Optional: add a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla or other flavor you like
Ice cubes (for iced latte)
- Sift 1 scoop or ½ tsp of organic Saikou Matcha into a cup.
- Add hot water and whisk vigorously until it fully dissolves, forming a paste and leaving no clumps.
- Melt matcha by adding 2 oz hot water and stirring until matcha becomes a smooth paste.
- Pour hot milk into the cup and add the sweetener.
- Dollop with frothed milk on top.
- Transfer matcha tea into a cup. enjoy your super matcha drink.
- To refresh yourself during the summer days with an icy matcha latte, simply replace the hot milk with cold milk and add ice cubes. Enjoy your ice matcha tea.